Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Green Gloves



Yesterday a package arrived in the mail from Chester Jefferies containing a new pair of hand-made green capeskin driving gloves that I ordered online just a few weeks ago.  The Chester Jefferies website is quite easy to navigate.  You may select the style of glove, the type and color of leather, and the lining.  When it comes to fit you may either request a standard glove size or mail a tracing of your hand for a perfect fit.  With all that, the prices are still surprisingly reasonable.

I took my inspiration from this photograph from The Sartorialist.  As a side note, I have recently noticed an interesting twist on breast pocket decoration.  Instead of wearing a pocket square, some men are adorning their breast pocket with a pair of gloves.  I first noticed this practice in some of the photographs from The Sartorialist.  The Paul Stewart Holiday 2009 catalog that came in the mail yesterday also includes a photograph showing a jacket breast pocket decorated with a pair of gloves.  I like the look; maybe I'll give it a try with my new green gloves.

No comments:

Post a Comment